Bill Cline POAB Dedication

Canton, Cherokee County GA. April 14, 2010 - In recognition of his leadership and service, board members of the Peace Officers’ Annuity and Benefit Fund of Georgia (POAB) dedicated their new headquarters building in Griffin to Bill Cline of Waleska. Mr. Cline retired as a Major with the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) in 1986. Cline was appointed to the board of the POAB by then Governor Joe Frank Harris in December of 1988. Mr. Cline was elected the POAB board chairman in October of 1992 where he served in that position until September of 2007 when Cherokee Sheriff Roger Garrison was elected chairman.

The Peace Officers' Annuity & Benefit Fund of Georgia was created by Act of the General Assembly and signed into law by Governor Herman Talmadge on February 1, 1950. The stated purpose of the Act was to provide revenue and a source of revenue for the purpose of paying retirement benefits to career peace officers of the State of Georgia.

 

Photo 1 ( From Left to Right- back row): Bryan Philips, Brittany Philips holding Vance Philips, Mike Cline, Neely Bursmith, James Cline, Dorothy Cline, Jimmy Cline, Bill Cline, Vickie Russell holding Ava Philips, Marguerite Cline, Jennifer Hughes, Donald Woodard.

Holding sign from left to right: Department of Natural Resources (DNR) Lt. Colonel Jeff Weaver and DNR Colonel Homer Bryson.

 

Photo 2 (From Left to right): Department of Natural Resources (DNR) Lt. Colonel Jeff Weaver, Bill Cline, Sheriff Roger Garrison, and Chief Deputy Victor West.

Copyright © 2010 Cherokee Sheriff's Office