Inmate Visiting Information
The Cherokee County Adult Detention Center now offers On-site and Remote (Off-site) video visitation.
You can conduct remote video visitation from your home, office, or any remote location over the Internet. Video visits with general population inmates can be done by using a computer, or with an Android-based mobile device. For best results, we strongly recommend using a strong, stable residential Wi-Fi network for visits.
Procedures and Hours
Inmates are allowed visits based on their current Housing and Status. Visitation times listed on iWebVisit.com show when the inmates are generally available for visits. These times do not reflect court, medical visits, work, classes, etc. If an inmate cannot or will not attend his/her previously scheduled visit, it will be canceled, and a replacement code will be emailed to the primary visitor.
The Cherokee Sheriff’s Office is pleased to announce the opening of the Visitation Center. On-site video visitation is available at no cost. Visitors will visit with the inmates using video visitation stations installed at the Visitation Center. On-Site visits must be scheduled one day in advance. Visits are limited to 30 minutes and no more than two visitors are permitted at each terminal. Each inmate is allowed one On-site visit per day on the inmate’s assigned visitation day.
|Housing Unit||Visitation Days||Visitation Schedule|
|F, N, P, Q, R, IWF|| Monday, Thursday &
|7:30 AM – 10:00 AM
6:30 PM – 9:40 PM
|A, H, J, K, L, M||Sunday, Tuesday & Friday||7:30 AM – 10:00 AM
6:30 PM – 9:40 PM
Go to iWebVisit.com to schedule yours.
***iWebVisit has temporarily decreased the price for remote visits from $6.00 /15 minutes to $3.00 / 15 minutes. This temporary decrease will be in effect until April 30, 2020. iWebVisit and the Cherokee Sheriff’s Office have partnered together to increase remote video visits to 6 (six) visits Daily for the inmates. These temporary changes have been made due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.***
The Cherokee County ADC also offers convenient remote (off-site) visitation. Remote visits may be scheduled on the same day up to one hour before the start time and can be scheduled up to three weeks in advance. Remote visits are offered seven days a week during the following hours:
|Standard Visits||Confidential Visits|
|7:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.||7:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.|
|1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.||12:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.|
|6:30 p.m. – 9:40 p.m.||6:00 p.m. – 9:40 p.m.|
|Male IWF Only|
|4:00 p.m. – 9:40 p.m.|
Each inmate is allowed three remote visits per day and each visit is 15 minutes long. The cost is $6.00 per visit for standard visitors and $7.00 per visit for approved confidential visitors (e.g. Attorneys) who choose to visit via this service. In the event your visit is canceled due to scheduling conflicts, lockdown, or inmate release/transfer, a credit voucher may be issued. Please contact iWebVisit Support for details by calling (775) 434-8748, via email at Support@iwebvisit.com, or via Chat on iWebVisit’s website.
Remote Visiting Procedures and Fees
To participate in remote visiting, you will need access to a computer with a webcam, a mic, and speakers, and you must be connected to a strong, stable internet signal. You may also visit on your Android-based mobile device, but we do not recommend using mobile data for visits. At this time, iWebVisit does not support the Apple iPhone or iPad, however you may conduct visits on Mac desktops and laptops through the Google Chrome browser. If you have access to this technology, go to iWebVisit.com to create your account and schedule your visit.
Except for attorneys and other approved confidential visitors, all video visitations will be monitored and recorded.
If you are an attorney, or other professional who requires confidential status, you must first create an account on iWebvisit.com, then contact 775-434-8748 to get registered at the jail or jails you will be visiting. Each attorney must then go to the jail in person to obtain confidential status by providing photo identification and a state bar card. If the attorney schedules visits prior to getting confidential status, those video visits will be recorded. For more details, go to Confidential Visitor Information tab on iWebVisit.com.
The following rules apply to every person participating in an On-site or Remote visit:
- Inmate visitation is a privilege. Inmates who become disciplinary problems or security risks will not be allowed to receive visitors.
- Engaging in illegal or illicit behavior, including disrobing and/or any sexual behavior on or off camera, is strictly prohibited and will result in visit termination with no refund. A visitor who engages in such activity will be blocked for at least 7 days from all visitation at the Cherokee County Adult Detention Center and may be subject to criminal charges.
- You must not display nude pictures to the inmate.
- Everyone who is in view of the camera must dress appropriately. Those visiting remotely must dress as if visiting the jail in person. All children must also be fully clothed.
- Any person under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be permitted to visit an inmate and will be required to leave the visiting center.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to use iWebVisit.com, or you must be accompanied by an adult while conducting on-site or remote visits. Any visitor who appears to be under the age of 18 and is not accompanied by an adult, will be blocked from visiting until proof of age is provided with a valid, government-issued photo identification.
- You must not take pictures/screenshots/video of the inmate during your visits.
- You must not conduct remote visits while operating a motor vehicle.
- Both Cherokee County ADC and iWebVisit reserve the right to terminate a visitor’s visiting access due to fraudulent activity, inappropriate behavior during a visit, or improper conduct toward staff.
- Each inmate is allowed only one (1) On-Site visit per visitation day.
- Visitors are allowed only one (1) On-Site visit per visitation day, with a single inmate.
- Visitors are not allowed to carry any personal items with them into the visitation area, i.e. no cell phones, purses, etc.
- Smoking, food, and beverages are not permitted in the visitation area.
- Visitors are subject to search prior to entering the visitation area. Any visitor refusing such search will be denied entry to the visitation area.